National Director of Sales
This position is responsible for maximizing the sales results for the Company’s Manufactured Home and RV Communities, including the development and implementation of consistent company-wide sales directives & initiatives, and managing and training the national sales team. This position works in alignment with the SVP of Sales & Marketing, the senior leadership team and the community sales teams to increase revenues and gain market share.
Specific Job Duties & Responsibilities
Create a sales process that is organized, systematized, formal and robust. This will include but not limited to:
- Survey available tools, systems, and programs to manage all aspects of the sales functions from identifying potential customers to educating and converting customers into homeowners.
- Develop a robust conversion program to support sales team at the community level with pricing and tools needed to execute.
- Work closely with the Homes department on new and pre-owned home pricing and to improve visibility into timing of homes available to sales team to sell.
- Implement an effective process for advertising homes on company website and sales channels.
- Evaluate the sales and marketing personnel requirement at each community and develop action plan accordingly.
- Partner with Marketing Team on collateral materials needed to support sale including signage in the community, brochures
- Provide direction to Transactions Team to ensure appropriate processes are followed to enable sales to close.
- Determine best practice system for customer relationship management including follow-up cadence to improve traffic conversions.
Significantly improve the selling skills of Sales Consultants and Community Managers:
- Develop and implement industry best practice sales training.
- Train Sales Consultants and Community Managers responsible for sales with appropriate sales tools to support the company’s sales initiatives.
- Develop metrics to test sales team on training received.
- Implement a ‘secret shopper’ program and establish review process w/ sales team for secret shopper results.
Develop relationships w/ national and regional lenders already doing business with Inspire Communities, as well as source potential lenders to improve lending approval opportunities:
- Coordinate and focus training support by region w/ approved lenders to sales consultants and community teams.
- Review and fully understand the lender programs by state.
- Educate the sales consultants and community teams about chattel financing and train them to follow federal regulations.
- Work with sales consultants and community teams to shepherd deals through to close.
Budgets and Business Plans:
Work closely with the heads of Homes, Property Management and Sales and Marketing to:
- Prepare annual budgets for each community focusing on home sales, conversion sales, lease targets and marketing budgets.
- Assess current sales and leasing commission agreements and determine any changes needed. Review proposed sales and leasing commission payments bi-monthly and determine any adjustments needed.
- Report on and reforecast budget vs. actual discrepancies weekly and monthly so upper management has insight on variances and visibility to forecasts.
- Determine and implement steps to improve sales as needed.
Work with the Acquisitions Team to:
- Provide support during due diligence including sales and marketing analysis of the potential market.
- Evaluate the potential community team to determine training needs for sales processes and procedures.
- Develop an onboarding process for potential community team acquired to support them in the implementation of the Inspire sales process.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- College degree or equivalent work experience is required
- Minimum of 10 years new homes sales experience
- Prior experience managing people
- Excellent analytical skills
- Strong technical and organizational skills
- Must be able to multi-task and have a high degree of self-control to maintain a composed, problem solving approach when faced with controversial issues and pressing time demands
- Superior customer service skills and ability to motivate your team
- Strong written and oral communication
- Must be able to develop relationships, credibility and rapport and relate to others in an honest and straight forward manner while incorporating cooperation, trust and respect
- Adaptability is required to deal with changes in situations, direction or difficult customers
- Must have a high level of integrity to handle confidential information
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite, Adobe
This position will require travel to communities across the US.
In the performance of this job, the employee will be required to sit, use hands and fingers, or feel objects or tools or controls, talk and listen to hear. The employee will also be required to stand, walk, reach and lift objects with hands and arms. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision and the ability to adjust focus. Where possible, reasonable accommodations will be made for qualified candidates.